You will be shown a passage of text, you have to read that passage and write a short summary of it. This summary must be one sentence. You will be given 10 minutes to write your summary in the PTE Summarize Written Text task.
The word counter at the bottom of the screen keeps track of how many words you’ve typed. You can also use the cut, copy, and paste options to help you create your summary.
Tips for summarize written text
- It is important that you give your response exactly in the structure that is required. Your response must be just a single sentence. Keep an eye on the word count as your response should not go beyond 75 words.
- It is best to use a summarize written text template when practising so you know exactly what is required.
- Spellings, grammar and plurals matter a lot in the sentence so make sure to make it as accurate as possible.
- Use Ssummarize Wwritten Ttext templates/structures available online to practice your writing skills, so you will be prepared for when you actually have to write in the exam. Also, look at Ssummarize Wwritten Ttext samples of responses that have previously scored well on the PTE, and try to practice writing like that.
- You will need to use a complex and compound sentence structures so that you can accurately summarize the passage’s main meaning and also add in any highlighted supporting details.
- For example, the below summaries use conjunctions and clauses to help connect the sentence.
- Responses will be graded by analysing whether all of the passage’s essential points have been addressed without changing the passage’s aim or topic.
- If what you provide as a response represent the topic incorrectly, you will lose all points for the summary.
- The best summary will be able to highlight the most important part of the passage and also include any supporting details of the text.
- You will receive no points if your response is under the minimum of 5 words or beyond the maximum of 75 words.
- Grammar is graded by analysing if the sentence’s basic structure is correct. A major clause as well as a subordinate clause are generally seen in the best responses.
- Vocabulary is scored if it is considered to be relevant and appropriate to the passage available.
- The summary you provide will either be correct or incorrect depending on how relevant it is in response to the passage provided.
- Your speaking and listening skills are not scored in this task.
For PTE Summarize Written Text mock tests, practice questions and practice tests online, please visit https://oneaustraliagroup.com/pte-coaching/.
For further assistance and training in PTE, you can get in touch with us by contacting us(link to contact us page) or leave a message with your name on WhatsApp on +61466466603, and we will get back to you!